Monday, June 25, 2007

Milton, FL to Mobile, AL - 108 Miles

I really could not have asked for a better first century. Energized from a morning group huddle singing Lean on Me, the prospect of going mostly downhill (although not true), a donated HUGE Olive Garden pasta dinner the night before, finally leaving Florida after more than one week, crossing our first state line into Alabama, biking alongside the seashore for about half the ride, swimming at lunch in the Gulf, and a whole lot of adrenaline, it was (to my surprise) a great ride! I actually averaged higher in speed and cadence than any of the previous days on my trip. After 6 1/2 hours on my bike and 10 hours on the road (I take a lot of breaks), I finally made it! Maybe I can be a competent cyclist after all!?!

1 comment:

Wise Jill said...

Anna
Your trip sounds wonderful, keep pedaling, keep blogging.Maybe you could turn your blog into a book on College Girl rides across America.

Hope you and uncle Rex connected before he headed to Mexico for a visit to the eye doctors.

I will be heading home tonight.I will change bags, do the laundry and leave for El Paso to shoot a TV story with Discovery on Climate Change and Water needs.

While you make sure we have affordable housing, my goal is that they will be able to have safe drinking water.

Keep pedaling. Will see you in a few short weeks.

Love Aunt Jill